How do I know which is my horse’s favourite flavour?
You can do a taste test to see which flavour is the best. Arrange the flavours in a semi-circle in front of your horse. Invite your horse to try the flavours. Notice carefully which one your horse prefers. See video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvdmZB5B6n8
What flavours can I use for my TriggerTreaterTM?
You can use the flavour in liquid form which your horse likes best.
Which flavours are popular with horses?
Popular flavours are carrot juice, apple, mango and banana, coconut, oat drink, peppermint, aniseed. You can buy some great flavours from the supermarket.
Can I use juices with pulp?
Use free flowing liquids to avoid blocking the equipment.
You can strain liquid to reduce sediment.
When should I treat my horse?
You can treat your horse anytime you like.
You won’t cause any harm by treating your horse at any time.
Use the TriggerTreaterTM for training:
- First do a Taste Test - see video Guides and Videos pages
- Be certain that your horse loves the flavour that you plan to use
- Make sure your horse is calm, relaxed and comfortable
- Reduce your training into small easy steps
- For each step ask the horse clearly what you would like him to do
- If calmness is lost then reestablish the calmness and relaxation before proceeding
- If your horse does not respond how you hoped then find out how you can be more clear to him and whether what you asked is reasonable - try asking for a smaller step
- Reward your horse when you see any sign that he is trying to do what you want
- Keep sessions very short
- Reward your horse every time until he has learnt the step you are teaching and then reward intermittently and then stop treating for that thing
Use the TriggerTreaterTM for motivation:
- Users have found that horses are more motivated with the TriggerTreaterTM
- Horses can feel more alert and interested with the TriggerTreaterTM
- The TriggerTreaterTM can encourage softening of the horse's lower jaw
Use the TriggerTreaterTM for refreshment and hydration:
- The TriggerTreaterTM can be used to refresh and rehydrate a thirsty horse